Janet in remission last year and this week after being told she's running out of time.
How can you help?
1. If you aren't already in the bone marrow registry please JOIN NOW. Registering is pain free and donating almost is.
2. If you are in the registry and are contacted please donate. A shocking percentage of those contacted decline to donate when told they are a patient's best match.
3. I know a lot of times we look away because a problem feels too immense or we feel too helpless to do anything about it but there are lots of things you can do to help Janet:
- Email the link to this video http://youtu.be/qSCyz8F_kuo to everyone you know.
- Blog about her. To learn more about Janet visit her website at: http://www.helpingjanet.com/
- Tweet about or retweet this post
- Join her Facebook Group for her latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/helpingjanet
- Print and post the PDF Flyer and tear away tags to help motivate others to help
- Print, post and share the QR code to this video <img src="http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FqSCyz8F_kuo" alt="qrcode" />
Please watch this Youtube video titled "Finding a Perfect Match for Janet - Her Personal Plea." While she says she hasn't lost hope she tearfully opens with her fear of dying and that she doesn't have much time left. Janet was first diagnosed with Leukemia in 2009, achieved remission in 2010 and relapsed just before Christmas in 2011. I try to imagine how that would feel and it makes me want to help as much as I can, any way that I can, so I am reaching out to you hoping you will help me, help Janet.
Please print Janet's flyer and hang it wherever you can.