To Read Tami's Story from the Beginning

Just CLICK HERE. Her blog begins on March 12, 2009 with a post titled "Tami's Myelodysplasia Diagnosis." Then at the bottom of each post, click on the words "Newer Post" located just below the comments section on each page.


Monday, March 30, 2009

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Team in Training

The other night I attended a wedding industry event in San Francisco and met a woman named Jennifer. It's been kind of incredible that as I move forward with my efforts to help Tami I seem to be meeting all of the right people as I go about my normal, day to day, life. 

Jennifer was there attending the event as a guest of a wedding professional. Someone had already told me she was a "runner" so when I had the opportunity to speak to her I asked her about running and found out that she is on the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's "Team in Training" to run a marathon this summer. 

What I'm learning is that when it comes to cancer, the "seperation" is less then 6 degrees. It seems that every person I talk to either knows and loves someone who has had cancer or is helping to eradicate it.

If you've never heard of Team in Training before here is the description from their website:
Over the past 20 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® (TNT) has grown to become an unparalleled sports training program. More than 380,000 participants, from first timers to seasoned athletes, have trained with the Team and achieved their best at marathons, half marathons, triathlons, 100-mile century bike rides and hiking adventures.

Train with the best to meet your challenge!

TNT is the world's first, best and largest charity sports training program - and the only one to offer a full complement of exciting, sports training options.
Of course this led to my learning more about the society from Jennifer and sharing Tami's story with her. Because Myelodysplasia has, in recent years, been reclassified as a blood cancer it falls beneath the umbrella of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society making their resources avaialble to Tami and other patients like her.

If you would like to help Jennifer reach her personal fund raising goal CLICK HERE. Any amount will help her cause, $1 or more will add up to her goal of $3900.

No comments:

Post a Comment