To Read Tami's Story from the Beginning

Just CLICK HERE. Her blog begins on March 12, 2009 with a post titled "Tami's Myelodysplasia Diagnosis." Then at the bottom of each post, click on the words "Newer Post" located just below the comments section on each page.


Monday, August 17, 2009

Post Stem Cell Transplant: Day +48

I just received an email from Tami. In her own words:

Just took my last Prednisone med this morning. This is the nasty steroid that I've been taking for weeks for the GVHD. So, now I'm hoping that I don't have to go back on it and my blood sugars go back to normal.

The Prednisone had also been causing her to feel tired. Hopefully she will not need it again and will feel better now that she is off of it. So despite the bad news about the infection she just picked up, this is really great news.

She will also be receiving a blood transfusion today and then will be allowed to go back to her apartment. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment