To Read Tami's Story from the Beginning

Just CLICK HERE. Her blog begins on March 12, 2009 with a post titled "Tami's Myelodysplasia Diagnosis." Then at the bottom of each post, click on the words "Newer Post" located just below the comments section on each page.


Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sal Pizzaro Rocks!

I sent out a brief request to Columnist Sal Pizzaro at the San Jose Mercury News around 2 weeks ago asking if he could help us to publicize Tami's upcoming Marrow Donor Drive at The Tech Museum this Sunday. Yesterday he did! YAY!

http://www.mercurynews.com/salpizarro/ci_12092328

And I know people read about it because I received a few emails from them letting me know that they are spreading the word via email to their friends, colleagues and family members to urge them to go down to the Tech Museum on Sunday to get registered.

One message that me LOL said at the end that I had made her wedding veil 10 years ago! For those who didn't know: I've been a couture bridal accessory designer here in the Bay Area for the past 12 years making custom bridal veils, tiaras, hair pins, jewelry and cake toppers. It was great that one of my clients from so long ago recognized my name after all of these years and wants to help my cousin.

Thanks to Mr. Pizzaro and to all of you who have helped us to spread the word with your emails, blog posts, tweets and Facebook updates. I'm certain we are going to have a great drive on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment