Nothing new to report today.
Tami didn't have to go in for a blood draw but she will tomorrow.
We continue to wait for the pre-transplant evaluations to begin for both Tami and her potential donor to see if he will be healthy enough to donate his marrow to her. At the moment her move to Seattle most likely won't be until the end of the month. This means we have to be patient and continue to hope and pray that this donor is able and willing to give his marrow to her.
Her doctor did tell her that she was no longer neutropenic a few days ago. This means that her neutrophil count (a type of white blood cells) has risen to the point that she is no longer at higher risk to general infections. Well at least she wasn't when her test was done. The thing with blood and platelet counts is that they can vary widely during a 24 hour period. So her neutrophil count may be high enough to protect her at one point and then she can be at risk 12 hours later if her count drops.
They will continue to take precautions but this is great news as it shows her overall white blood count is improving bit by bit.
To Read Tami's Story from the Beginning
Just CLICK HERE. Her blog begins on March 12, 2009 with a post titled "Tami's Myelodysplasia Diagnosis." Then at the bottom of each post, click on the words "Newer Post" located just below the comments section on each page.