To Read Tami's Story from the Beginning

Just CLICK HERE. Her blog begins on March 12, 2009 with a post titled "Tami's Myelodysplasia Diagnosis." Then at the bottom of each post, click on the words "Newer Post" located just below the comments section on each page.


Thursday, July 16, 2009

With Early Detection 98% Survive Breast Cancer

And with late detection 73% won't survive.

Have statistics ever been more clear than that? Does that make you want to go for a mammogram? Do a monthly self breast exam? It should. I hope it does.

I had my first mammogram 1998 and my second in 2006. What else can I say to encourage you? To motivate you? To get you to pick up your phone, call your doctor and schedule a mammogram?

No insurance? Your community might have free mammogram programs. Just go to Google and search free+mammograms+city+state that you live in. Also CLICK HERE to locate a free Planned Parenthood Mammogram Program Nationwide. Or check out this list to locate other free programs. The link is from 2003 but I suspect most of these programs are still ongoing or they can let you know who to contact if they no longer offer free mammograms.

You can also visit THIS SITE to help other women in need receive a free mammogram...Just a click every day. (Thanks to Michelle for sending me the link)


You can help to spread the word. To print this poster and hang it at your place of work, on a community bulletin board or anywhere you think people will see it CLICK HERE.

If you have any questions about what a mammogram is like send me a private message or leave me a comment in this post. I can answer you based on my own experience or ask the experts. Just reach out and let me know how I can help you to get tested.

CLICK HERE to learn more about the American Cancer Society Action Cancer Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment